Magic of Dogs: 25 ways and counting, dogs positively influence our life
Make it your new year resolution to discover the many joys dogs bring to your life. We all face stress from our daily lives, scary headlines, and even just the winter blues. How do we handle it and not get overwhelmed?
From my decades of experience, I often feel better about something, or feel closer to a calm outlook, thanks to a dog. It’s like their secret super power is having the answers to life, but they can only communicate it when we stop and give them a belly rub, or take them for a quiet walk. We have to slow down and listen to them and their special canine communication.
Whether you adopt a dog, or volunteer, their positive influence will be felt.
If you are wondering what the possible positive impact a dog might have on your life, here are just a few ways (okay, 25 ways and counting!) dogs add color, purpose and dimension to our life:
- They think you’re the best cook
- They don’t care about your weight
- Feeling a dog lean against you in complete trust makes you feel like you can conquer anything
- Five minutes or fifty, they miss you
- They forgive quickly and completely
- You will learn to nap again and feel good about it
- They don’t care if you exercise only that you play with them
- When you adopt a dog you get to remind them that they are loved
- A dog choking is the best alarm clock
- They make you feel like you won the lottery
- They keep your secrets
- They lower your blood pressure
- You exercise more without realizing it
- You meet your neighbors
- They are good at answering the door for you
- They don’t care about your bad breath
- Regular walks with your dog burns calories
- When you adopt a dog you get to make their final chapter the best
- A dog can save you money on therapists by focusing you on what’s important
- They know the secret to living in the moment and will teach you
- Spending quiet time with a dog can heal your heart
- Adopting an older dog can teach you patience and show you how to age gracefully
- Dogs don’t judge you
- They don’t mind if you use them as a reason to say no to an invitation
- You get to know and feel pure love, without reservation.
These are some of the reasons why I believe the human animal bond, and dog human bond, is real, and it’s spectacular!
It’s a new year and a natural time to take stock of your life. If you love dogs, be assured having one increases the quality of your life exponentially.
Consider adopting from your local shelter, or volunteering with your closest animal rescue. If you can’t volunteer, find a cuddle club! It’s about having dogs in your life and letting them work their magic!