Have you ever wondered why senior dogs really do rule? Are you curious about what life would be like if you adopted an older dog? Have no fear, we have a list for that!
- You get to write their last chapter
- No puppy teething!
- They are more likely to mirror the pace and pattern of your life
- It can feel like getting a chance to love and live with your grandparents
- They’re grown! What you see is most likely what you get
- You have a greater sense at the start what medical and dental care will be
- Older dogs are more willing and able to pay attention than puppies
- They communicate directly and without hesitation what they want or need
There so many ways an older dog is perfect for city life or ensconced in the suburbs. With age comes clarity. Older dogs have less desire for the hectic or chaotic which is a wonderful respite these days.
What makes senior dogs so perfect is how much love they have to give. They have a lifetime of love to offer, and in return you get the chance to remind them what compassion and empathy feels like.
Please consider adopting a senior dog, and if you can’t, then look into volunteering at your local shelter. Discover what is so special about older dogs, and how time spent with them is just perfect.