Why do we love dogs so much? Is it the stories of their heroic tales? Is it the adorable puppy faces? Their incredible loyalty? I suspect we dog lovers all have some personal, and very touching reasons why a dog occupies our hearts and homes.
I personally can't get enough of their expressions, and behavior. Sometimes I feel like Dr. Jane Goodall with the way I observe my dog, and the joy I get from it. Hours and hours of notes and photos have been taken of Cleo.
Below are some of the reasons that came to me that seemed like they could apply to all dogs, not just mine. Like people, I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule but I bet you've experienced some of what I'm talking about. Take a look at these and let me know what you think..
- They remind us of our stuffed animal toys from childhood.
- They display a sweetness that is difficult to find today.
- They have an innocence that is genuine.
- When you give them love, they respond.
- They don't know how to pretend.
- They are never coy.
- If you make them happy, you will know.
- You want to make them happy.
- Dogs have a way of getting you to give more of yourself than most people.
- Dogs are natural therapists.
- They complement us and want to be our true companion.
- You can have a wonderful nonverbal communication with a dog.
- Dogs make great helpers.
- Watching a dog visibly relax, makes you relax.
- A dog can get us exercisng when nothing and no one else can.
Did I miss an obvious one? Want to share your reason why you love dogs? Leave us a comment!