Flying Colors: From California Stray to Search Dog Trainee
Go Gremlin! Pit bulls head to summer camp to help children with autism

New Procedure Saves Bay Area Dog Poisoned By Mushrooms

via sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com

BERKELEY (KCBS) — Veterinarians in Berkeley teamed up with a Santa Cruz doctor to save a dog who was poisoned by mushrooms. Their procedure may also be used to help save human lives.

Kasey, a two-year-old Mini Australian shepherd, ate death cap mushrooms at an oak grove in Healdsburg two weeks ago. Owner Helen Abel of Richmond was told her dog would die like so many mushroom eating dogs before him.

Read the full story

Subscribe to the blog here and never miss a post!

Comments