Investing in a dog, is a risk. But I can tell you honestly, after more than five years with Cleo, our adopted dog, the rewards clearly far out-weigh any and all potential risks. For my former colleagues, you might say that our dog is a value proposition. Cleo is the benefit that stakeholders (my husband and I) are assured of receiving as a result of their relationship with the shelter or rescue (SF/SPCA).
Choosing to adopt our dog has proven that past performance is no indication of future results for a rescue dog. We found Cleo through the San Francisco SPCA, and every day since she came home with us, Cleo has shown us that we made a wise investment.
Are you ready to invest in a dog? While you weigh the risk and rewards, you can help Petfinder this weekend find homes in celebration of their milestone. This weekend, in honor of their 15th birthday, Petfinder and 1,500 shelters and rescue groups are holding what could be the largest adoption event in history. The goal: to find homes for 15,000 pets. And you can help!
Chow Chow/Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler) Mix
Pooh Bear is an 11 year old spayed female, black and brown Chow/Heeler mix. She loves to be close and follows us all around the shelter. Pooh really enjoys her treats and she is fond of puppies and mellow dogs.
She loves the wading pools that are available at the shelter to play in. She would be a wonderful companion. She gets along great with The Duke, he's another senior. They would be great adopted as a pair at a special price.
Tombstone Small Animal Shelter - For information call (520) 457-2545
More info on Pooh Bear • Spayed/Neutered • Up-to-date with routine shots • House trained • Prefers a home without: young children
The adoption fee is $25 covers her spay and all shots.
The shelter is open Wednesdays from 4pm-6pm and Saturdays from 11am-4pm.
Even if you are not ready to invest in a pet, you can help Petfinder.com reach their adoption goal
1. Add the free 15th Birthday PicBadge to your Facebook or Twitter profile.
2. RSVP "Yes" to their Big Birthday Adoption Event invitation to show your support, then share the invitation with your friends. (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=168771846523577)
3. Share a shelter-nominated pet from their Big Birthday Adoption Weekend photo gallery on your blog, Facebook or Twitter. (http://www.petfinder.com/birthday-adoption-event-2011/gallery)
4. Download, print and post their customizable birthday flier around your neighborhood or ask local businesses to display their customizable birthday cards (http://www.petfinder.com/admin/petcards.html)
5. Sign their online birthday card and add your pet's picture (http://www.petfinder.com/birthday)
6. Write a blog post or op-ed about the value of pet adoption and link back to the Petfinder Birthday page (Be sure to send me the link so they can all read it!) (http://www.petfinder.com/birthday)
7. Contact your local shelter and volunteer for their big event. (Find a participating shelter near you here.) (http://www.petfinder.com/birthday)