With my first senior dog I discovered that older dogs can help you meditate. Spending our days together, I experienced real moments of complete relaxation and peace. Was it her zen-like personality, or as an older dog did she know something I didn't?
Look at her expression! Not sure about you but my heart rate is slowing just looking at her photo...
5 Reasons Older Dogs Help You Relax
- Soft snuggles rule and induce the production of endorphins
- Destructive puppy phase is long past, they're way more interested in just chilling
- Older dogs enjoy laid back walks more than marathon hikes or runs
- They can show you what aging gracefully looks like
- Feeling her absolute trust is incredibly empowering
If you are looking for a way to counter the stresses of the world, or need your own live-in yogi, consider an older dog.