The nation's largest free pet adoption event, Maddie’s® Pet Adoption Days, is coming to the Bay Area on May 31 and June 1. Free adoptions of dogs and cats will be offered to qualified adopters at more than 100 locations throughout Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco and Santa Clara Counties. Visit adopt.maddiesfund.org for hours and locations.
- The event is financed and organized by Maddie’s Fund®, a family foundation inspired by a Miniature Schnauzer named Maddie.
- Maddie’s Fund® aims to find homes for 10,000 animals and has earmarked $10 million for this year’s event.
- More than 200 shelters and rescue groups will offer free adoptions to qualified homes at various adoption locations in 14 communities in 9 States.
Find your state and click on the link to discover the participating shelter or rescue group closest to you:
Contra Costa County
Santa Clara County, CA
Alachua County, FL
Lee County, FL (New)
New York City Metro Area, NY
Tompkins County, NY (New)
Washoe County, NV
Richmond, VA (New)
Vermont (entire state) (New)
Dane County, WI
Learn more about Maddie's Pet Adoption Days:
- Maddie’s® Pet Adoption Days started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2010, where Maddie’s Fund is headquartered.
- To date, Maddie’s Fund has awarded $11.4 million to the participating groups which have adopted a total of 15,154 dogs and cats during the past four events.
- The money given by Maddie’s Fund has enabled shelters to treat and rehabilitate senior pets and those with minor medical conditions – animals who would have probably been euthanized otherwise.
- To grow this year’s event nationally, Maddie’s Fund invited six new counties to participate.
- Maddie’s® Pet Adoption Days is a collaborative effort of countless people who want to save the lives of shelter animals; a testament to what can be done when people come together and rally for a common cause.
About Maddie’s Fund:
Twenty years ago, the love of a little dog inspired a $300 million legacy to revolutionize the status and well-being of companion animals. Maddie’s Fund® (www.maddiesfund.org) is the family foundation endowed by the founder of Workday® and PeopleSoft, Dave Duffield and his wife, Cheryl. It is named in honor of Maddie, their beloved Miniature Schnauzer who passed away in 1997. Today, through its grant giving, hands-on animal care, research and education, Maddie’s Fund is helping to achieve and sustain a no-kill nation by providing solutions to the most challenging issues facing the animal welfare community.
Maddie’s Fund URL
Maddie’s® Pet Adoption Days URL