Tis the season for holiday parties, family get togethers and hostess gifts. Are you like me and have friends with dogs? Does your boss have a beloved pooch?
Depending on your time, talents and budget, these gift ideas can range from a homemade bag of dog treats or an ornament, to a fancy weekend sleepover at a Wag Hotel - Here are my ten favorite gifts to give for any occasion:
- Reflective collar or vest for evening or late night walks - It's cold and dark outside. A simple reflective collar to slip over an existing collar is something us dog folks always need.
- Dog Treats - Are you a baker? Try these dog treat recipes No time? Have you seen Canine Confections all natural dog treats? They are creative, beautifully boxed and delicious!
- Dog DNA Test Kit - For many with blended dogs, we can only guess what our beloved is made of, besides sugar and spice (and in Cleo's case, kids believe she is part wolf.) Wisdom Panel Insights is one of several kits that just might solve the mystery.
- Dog Ornament - Many online sites offer easy ways to create a customized ornament. Add a photo, their name and the year, and you've a sweet personal gift.
Ornament by Grouchy Puppy
- Outdoor Chime - A favorite because we all love the sound of chimes and you can often find them at local festivals or online at Etsy like this one.
- Door Mat - Another great idea because these get a lot of traffic - from two feet and four paws - and there are so many now with adorable dog themes and sayings. These two below are from Walmart and Amazon, no driving needed!
- Blanket throw - Spend a little or a lot, from fleece to heavy wool, a throw with the dog's name on it is always warmly welcomed as a gift.
- A night's stay at a Camp Bow Wow or a Wag Hotel - A thoughtful gift for everyone.
- Water bowl & bottle - If your hostess lives in the Bay Area, we know they probably like to walk or hike with their pooch. For the car or the tote, a collapsible water bowl with a matching water bottle make a super cute - and practical - gift.
- Tote - We love totes! We love giving so much because when you buy one you can support a good cause, use it to carry your groceries or maybe your dog's toys.
What are your favorite gift ideas? Any tips? And if you were thinking about taking a plant or even a bouquet of flowers to your hostess, check the list here for plants to avoid: ASPCA 17 Poisonous Plants